Mineral Collection

Many of the minerals we have date back to the 1904 World's Fair, when a portion of the minerals that had been on display at the fair were sent to the Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy (now Missouri S&T).  Over a century later, the collection has grown to over 4,599 minerals from over 92 countries.  The mineral collection is open daily during regular business hours (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.)  Visitors are always welcome and special tours can be arranged upon request by e-mailing rocks@mst.edu.